Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager is an important application that helps effectively manage thousands of mobile desktops and group telepresence systems and is the core component of Polycom RealPresence platforms. It enables administrators to centrally provide, monitor and manage the entire video cooperation network. And it can be scaled for up to 50,000 devices.
Overview of the Resource Manager
A core component of the Polycom RealPresence platform, available as a device or as software optimised for virtualised environments, is the RealPresence Resource Manager. One important area of application is the effective management of several thousand mobile desktops and group telepresence systems.
This software enables administrators to centrally provide, monitor and manage the entire video collaboration network. Dynamic provision automatically configures and manages thousands of video clients based on pre-defined software. This solves problems caused by many different software versions, various end user configurations, quality of delivered videos and other typical administration issues.
Integrated reports, usage dashboards and detail tabs provide instant access to troubleshooting and operational data.
- Scalable to 50,000 devices for effective management of mobile desktops and group telepresence systems
- Convenient management through comprehensive device monitoring, provisioning, management and software audit control
- Easy dial-in through directories and presence systems
- An API suite for direct integration into your key applications and systems
- Multi-client support for Cloud-based hosting
- Planning options via a web-based control panel or APIs for a comprehensive application