On WhatsApp, it has long been possible to quote messages in order to refer to them.
This is now also possible in Microsoft Teams Chat. Benefit from an even more efficient way of working with Teams. You can easily refer to specific statements and receive a reply directly, so you don’t lose context. This works in both the desktop and app variants of Teams.
Quote Microsoft Teams Chat
Quote in the Microsoft Teams app:
- First, select the message you want to quote and press and hold it.
- This will open the context menu.
- In it, click on “Reply.”
- Lastly, type the reply and send the message.
Quote in the desktop version of Microsoft Teams:
- First, go to the message you want to quote and select the three dots.
- Now click on “Reply.”
- Then type the reply and send the message.
This feature should make chat histories much clearer, especially in larger chat groups.