In March, on 14 March 2022 to be precise, the collaboration platform will celebrate its fifth birthday. A reason to take a look at a few facts and look back on a success story par excellence.
Microsoft Teams – A powerful solution
Microsoft Teams is already an extremely powerful solution when you consider these figures:
- A single user can create up to 250 teams, and a maximum of 500,000 teams are possible per client.
- Each team can have up to 25,000 members.
A team can operate a maximum of 200 channels.
- Each user can be a member of up to 1,000 teams.
- A maximum of 250 people can participate in a group chat.
- Meetings (video and phone) can have 300 active participants and 10,000 passive listeners.
Microsoft Teams – History
Micrsoft Teams has been around since 14.3. 2017. At Ignite 2017, Microsoft announced that Teams will replace Skype for Business. However, this currently only applies to the cloud. On Premise, the new version Skype for Business Server 2019 was released in October 2018. If you add a support period of five years, local operation is guaranteed until 2024.
Microsoft Teams – user figures
In April 2021, the number of daily active users of Microsoft Teams was around 145 million. Compared to October 2020, this represents an increase of 30 million users. In the meantime, 270 million users access Teams every month.
Would you like to introduce Microsoft Teams in your company or optimise its use? Or establish Teams telephony? Simply contact us without obligation and fill out the contact form below!